The annual cocktail celebration happens from 10 to 18 May 2019, and this year’s Festival Village returns to Empress Lawn with an exciting line-up of bar pop-ups, masterclasses, brand experiences, live entertainment acts and more.
Supported by Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Cocktail Festival (SGCF), now into its fifth year, will once again spotlight the city’s cocktail culture on the world stage. The Festival presents an impressive gathering of over 100 of the world’s best bartending talents at the Festival Village; this will be further augmented by a collaboration with The World’s 50 Best Bars organisation to introduce ‘50 Minutes with 50 Best’, a series of exclusive cocktail masterclasses, for the first time. The awards for Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2019 will take place in Singapore on 9 May 2019, the evening immediately prior to the opening of SGCF.
Carrie Kwik, Executive Director, Attractions, Entertainment and Tourism Concept Development, Singapore Tourism Board, says: “The Singapore Cocktail Festival brings together some of the best bartenders in the world, putting Singapore at the forefront of the international cocktail scene. Through STB’s three-year partnership with William Reed Business Media, we hope to leverage the international 50 Best brand to promote home-grown businesses and events like the Festival. We believe the Festival will continue to draw local and international visitors with its diverse cocktail experiences, and enhance Singapore’s reputation as an attractive lifestyle destination.”
What’s new at the Festival Village?
Open 10 to 12 May from 4pm to 11pm, the Festival Village on Empress Lawn is the heart of the cocktail celebrations. New additions and highlights at this year’s Village include:
• Headlining bartenders from The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars lists. These bartenders will be serving signature cocktails priced at just $12 nett.
The complete line-up consists of:
1. Andrew Loudon from Tippling Club, Singapore (No. 7 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 2. Danny Yeung from Smalls, Bangkok (No. 29 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 3. Giovanni Graziadei from Jigger & Pony, Singapore (No. 42 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 4. Jesse Vida from Atlas, Singapore (No. 4 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 5. Kazuhisa Arai of Sober Company, Shanghai (No. 14 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 6. Laki Yoo from Keepers, Seoul (No. 47 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 7. Lolita Goh from Junglebird, Malaysia (No. 38 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 8. Maroš Dzurus and Adam Amir Ghalleb from Himkok, Oslo (No. 19 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
• ‘50 Minutes with 50 Best’ Masterclasses, presented by The World’s 50 Best Bars organisation. Aside from sampling signature cocktails from acclaimed bartenders, attendees will also learn the stories behind their bars and cocktails, as well as pick up cocktail recipes. Entry to these classes are limited to Festival Village ticket holders through contest giveaways on the SGCF Facebook and Instagram. A limited number of tickets can also be purchased through: https://sgcf2019.hungrygowhere.com/ from 5 April 2019.
Hosting bartenders include:
1. Antonio Lai from Quinary, Hong Kong (No.15 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 2. Beckaly Franks from The Pontiac, Hong Kong (No. 31 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 3. Giacomo Giannotti and Margarita Sader from Paradiso, Barcelona (No. 37 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 4. Maxim Schulte from American Bar at The Savoy, London (No.2 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 5. Renato Giovannoni and Aline Vargas from Floreria Atlántico, Argentina (No. 14 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018) 6. Rory Shepherd from Little Red Door, Paris (No.33 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
• The “Barstylez International Bartender Championship”, where over 60 bartenders from more than 25 countries will compete in two categories – ‘Flairing’ (International) and ‘Cocktail’ (Asia).
• Bar pop-ups by The Monarchy Cocktail Bar & Ultra Lounge, B Bar, Brass Lion Distillery, Hopscotch, Joji Bar, La Maison du Whisky, Martini Bar, Monte Carlo Boys; and brand pop-ups by Cocchi Vermouth di Torino (Vermouth), Fever-Tree (Drink mixers), Haku (Vodka), Havana Club (Rum), Maker’s Mark (Bourbon) and Mr. Black (Liqueur).
• Brand experiences such as the “JJ’s Vinyl Store” by Jameson Whiskey, where guests can immerse themselves in synergetic concoctions of Jameson and music; a “Monkey 47 Jungle Safari”, where guests can create their own cocktail through an expedition experience; a Four Pillars Gin putting green, with prizes on offer for anyone skilled enough to score a hole-in-one; the “Hendrick’s Botanical Sanctuary” and a “Monkey Shoulder Boom Box Bar”.
• Debut brands at the Artisanal Spirits Tasting Room, including Amrut Distilleries (Whisky), Blind Tiger (Gin), Compass Box (Whisky), Dancing Sands Distillery (Gin), Little Lon Distilling Co. (Gin) and Tanglin Gin; and not to be missed restaurant pop-ups on the Food Street are COMO Cuisine, Ding Dong and Neon Pigeon.
• Live acts by Ruckus (RnB + Soul), Ok! Ready (Retro) and Instigator Afrobeat Orchestra (Afrobeat). Additionally, daily DJ sets will feature Singapore’s best spin doctors such as Brendon P, Tirso, Joshua P, Ya5th, Ollie Des, Anand and Ramesh.
Festival Village tickets are priced from $35 for a one-day pass, inclusive of one welcome drink. Please refer to the fact sheet for a complete list of ticket categories and prices, or visit the Festival website at http://www.singaporecocktailfestival.com for more information.
Cocktail experiences around the city From 10 to 18 May 2019, expect a diverse round-up of cocktail experiences around the city, from thematic bar tours to guest bartender appearances and attractive cocktail deals across 45 participating venues.
Highlights on the Festival calendar include:
• Thematic bar tours such as ‘Whisky Business’, an all-whisky cocktail showcase; ‘New Kids on the Block’ which features the latest cocktail hotspots; ‘Luxury Escape Tour’, highlighting a trail of luxurious cocktail experiences and the ‘Asia’s 50 Best Bars X Four Pillars Gin Tour’, an interactive gin discovery featuring four of Asia’s leading bars. All bar tours are available for booking on http://www.singaporecocktailfestival.com from 5 April 2019.
• Exclusive cocktail deals redeemable via the Sluggr App from 10 to 18 May. Festival goers who complete redemptions across 15 bars or more can unlock exclusive promotions, and participate in the #SGCFCocktailChallenge to win a grand prize worth $1,000 ($500 cash prize, 2D1N stay at Grand Park Orchard, and a cocktail hamper). Participating venues include 1927, Anti:dote, Artemis Grill, Bar Stories, Chihuly Lounge, Claypots Full Circle, Cool Cats, Jim Thompson Restaurant, MO Bar, Native, The 3 Peas, The Bar at 15 Stamford, The Sampan and more.
• Guest Bartender feats around town include Simone Caporale from Marque D’Amour (Seoul, Korea) at Skai Bar on 13 May 2019; ‘The Aussie Invasion’ featuring Matt Linktaker from Black Pearl (Melbourne, Australia) and Evan Stroeve from Bulletin Place (Sydney, Australia) at Nutmeg & Clove on 14 May 2019; ‘One Thousand and One Drunken Nights’, featuring Jay Natividad from The Spirits Library (Manila, Philippines) and Ian Libang from NoKal (Manila, Philippines) at Fat Prince on 16 and 17 May 2019; ‘The Monarchy is Overthrown’, featuring Shah Dillion from 40 Thieves (Bali, Indonesia) on 18 May 2019 at The Monarchy Cocktail Bar & Ultra Lounge.
For a complete schedule of cocktail experiences around the city, please go to http://www.singaporecocktailfestival.com.
Festival Dates: 10 – 18 May 2019
Festival Website: http://www.singaporecocktailfestival.com
Hashtags: #SGCocktailFest, #SGCF2019
Cocktail Passport: Available via Sluggr app from April 2019
Address: Empress Lawn, 10 Empress Place, Singapore 179555
Operating Hours: 10 – 12 May 2019 4pm to 11pm
Cocktail Prices: $12 nett per cocktail
Artisanal Spirits Tasting Room: $19 nett for three tasting shots (15 ml)
Ticket Prices: Day Pass (Single Day) at $35 • 1-Day Festival Village Entry • 1 X Welcome Drink
Day Party Pack (4 Persons, Single Day) at $120 • 4 X 1-Day Festival Village Entry • 4 X Welcome Drink
Jumbo Pass (All Days) at $50 • 3-Day Festival Village Entry • 1 X Welcome Drink • 4 X Sampling Shots (15ml) at Artisanal Spirits Room
Jumbo Party Pack (4 Persons, All Days) at $180 • 4 X 3-Day Festival Village Entry • 4 X Welcome Drink • 4 X 4 Sampling Shots (15ml) at Artisanal Spirits Room
• Online ticket purchases will close on 9 May 2019; Passes are available at the door from 10 to 12 May 2019 • Party Packs purchases will close on 9 May 2019